Thursday, October 31, 2013

Roller Print for Header

Today’s print is a quick lino cut of a roller. I wanted an image for the header of this blog and a roller may seem a bit obvious but it does describe what I am doing and there is no time for procrastinating.

I actually quite like it and tried a bit of dual colour printing which is tricky. The black ink too over the red but it worked to a certain extent. I used rather gloopy water based ink and I think the first hand printed image on Kozo paper was better.

The lino block, the print on Kozo and on ordinary paper.

This is one I like and I am finding the relative softness of the kozo paper is very pleasing.I like the character of the slightly patchy inking. I am sure that is frowned upon by print perfectionists but I hope I never become one of them. There is nothing like perfection to knock all the character out of something..or someone come to that,

bg roller

Roller image size 3 x 6”  on Kozo Paper hand printed
I have some plans to use it on my yet-to-be-designed website with some other graphic elements.

I then took a section of it and made the header in Photoshop,  as you see it above. It will do for now but may get a bit more tweaking.

print 3

header 3

3 comments:

  1. I like them Val you clever thing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue! Great to get your comment! thank you.. how is lovely Tangier???

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps one day you could make buttons available for blogs?
    e.g. your email sketch

    ReplyDelete