Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cutting Away

I made another version of the face, to see how it looks as I cut away bit by bit. This time I used the easycut rubbery stuff which I am not too fond of but I used the back of  an old print, so It is useful from that point of view.

I drew straight onto the rubber with a felt pen, aiming for more of a line effect this time using broad cutters.

image 
The two blocks inked up, one on the left easycut, one on the right viynl.

Cutting Away
A series of prints cutting the block more each time, printing as I go.

image image

image image

image

Printing With Paper Additions
Once you have your block you can print it in any colour, on almost anything and add different papers and materials.

image

 image image

The red paper additions here are too dark and perhaps interfere with how you read the image.. sometimes that is useful and it was worth a go.

image

Printed on some old sheet music with red strips which I then took off. They left gaps which changed the image again.

image

Printed with an additional piece of torn grey paper.

The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment